11.15.2010

So...

TIRED!!! Joe and I have been total zombies lately. People must think we are terrible parents with all of the complaining we do. I've done this whole 'newborn' thing before and it was not like this the first time around. Baby Josie is the biggest cat-napper, it's awful. When she wakes up we change her, feed her and rock her (usually for about 30-45 minutes) to get her to sleep. Once we stand up from the rocking chair she starts to wiggle around in your arms so you have to bounce her for a few minutes before you can lay her down. When you finally lay her down, its about 45 minutes until she wakes up. Ugh, I would give anything to have her sleep in longer increments. Kade has been so great about waiting until she is sleeping to play games, eat, etc. It's so nice that he is understanding and he gets that we are busy. Luckily, Josie's screaming has calmed down to about every other day now which is really helpful but, still exhausting nonetheless. We've had many friends and family help out so we can get some sleep but, its so hard because once we get five seconds alone we want to talk and hang out because we don't do much of that anymore...  I miss my hubs, even though I spend most of my day with him.

We FINALLY got a sleeping system worked out now. Joe sleeps from 10 PM - 6 AM. I'm pretty much nocturnal because I sleep from about 7 AM until noonish. I don't require much sleep, I just ask that my sleep is in a solid block. The crappy part is that I start work in a week and we'll have to figure out a new plan... argh!

If anyone has any tips on getting babies to sleep longer let me know because we're struggling!

1 comments:

Becky said...

I tried white noise cd's - that didn't really work for us. We do have a cd that we started playing when Buddy was a baby & use it as our sleep cd. I can't remember when we started letting him scream himself to sleep but I'm pretty sure that's what the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" recommends. I read that at about 6 months - basically says put them down for naps @ the same time & isolate yourself to their routine. Anyway, not sure if it will help - but that's another book that I know I'm going to be rereading & some people swear by. Sorry Josie doesn't like to sleep :(