7.07.2010

4th of July

This year's fourth was pretty fun. Joe and I did yard work and grocery shopping on Saturday and then stopped by Sugarhouse Park to stake out the best firework watching location. We set up our hammock, came home and took and nap until about 6:30 and then walked up there with my mom. Let me just say, the hammock and walking was THE BEST idea I have ever had. So comfy and so 'romantic' to snuggle in during the fireworks... Afterward, we towed the hammock home in the wagon and went to bed. Pretty uneventful but, that's the way we like it... On Sunday, Kade came home and we were able to do some fireworks here. Kade LOVES smoke bombs - just like his mama. Joe about lit the garage on fire but, that's a story for another day... so, let's just say it was a fun night. Lots of laughs...

Last year, Joe and I walked to Sugarhouse park to watch the fourth of July fireworks and this was my body... AND I THOUGHT I WAS A TANK!!!
This year, I look like this... YIKES! I can't wait to have this 30ish pounds (technically 29 pounds so far but, who counting?) come off and have some confidence once again!!! With Kade, I think I gained an even 50 and it came off slowly but surely. This time around, I am going to do everything I can to lose the weight FAST. I need my bod back - ASAP! Everything I own is too small and I have spent more money on maternity clothes than I have on the baby altogether! It will be nice to feel 'sexy' once again AND have a pretty baby girl to show off in the process!
Joe and I were talking just the other night about how pregnancy has changed 'us' -the baby is the topic of just about every conversation, that's all we think about, she is what I dream about, she is what I blog about, she is what we shop for, she is why Joe busts his butt at work every day... this little girl is consuming us but, I just know she'll be worth every second and me, Joe, Kade and everyone else are going to just ADORE her!
On a side note, SUMMER IS AMAZING! Kade is having the time of his life right now. Between swimming at the Kearns pool once or twice per week and getting to play with his cousins a lot more than normal, he could not be happier. However, he is counting down the days until September when he starts preschool. Until then, I have been upping his learning time during the day because I am really worried about him being behind in school from the start, I don't know why - he is a super smart little man. I would much rather have him be ahead of his class than behind. He is amazing at identifying letters/numbers and counting but, his writing/drawing/coloring is struggling and his attention span is very short... it's all improving though, slowly but surely.
Joe is also loving the warm weather... I know he wishes he could be home more but, he is ALMOST done working out of town - about 2 or 3 more days is all... YAY!! But, on his days off he also loves going to the pool and basking in the hot sun. Him and Kade LOVE going down water slides together and splashing in the pool. Joe has been teaching Kade to actually swim unlike my version which is doggie paddling. Kade tries so hard to be just like Joe - Kade is even taking on his sense of humor - it's pretty stinkin' adorable how little boys want to be just like their daddy!

I have been doing pretty good. About a week and a half or so I broke out in a heat rash on my chest and belly. It recently started getting really itchy so I put some Cortizone cream on it and my skin literally burned off and now I have this open wound on my torso. I have been ordered to stay away from the pool and sun for awhile while my skin heals but, hopefully it will get better soon. Other than the usual soreness that comes with pregnancy, things have been going well. 12 more week until my due date, 9 more weeks until the doctor said she'll induce me - it's all going by so fast I can't even believe it!

Tonight, is the first official game for our Kickball Team, the Recess Renegades. I am the official water girl and Joe will be the team's all star player, of course! However, he will miss tonight's game since he's out of town. I will post some pictures tomorrow and let you all know how it went!

1 comments:

Ellen and Austin said...

I worked with Kindergarteners last year and if your little one is starting preschool and already knows how to do those things he is doing great. Writing and all those things will come soon. All of the sudden he will be doing great at all of them :) a lot happends with the little ones in a short amount of time!!! Having learning time in the summer is hard keep up the great work, your a great mom